Sunday, September 6, 2009

Creating your own blog

Mark- I would encourage you to set up your own blog. If you like this format, then go to blogger.com/start (you will need to set up a gmail account at Google first [which also takes less than 5 minutes, and is free of charge] if you don't already have one, then blogspot will take you through the 3-4 simple steps it takes to arrive at what you see here.

The default setting is public access, so anyone with internet access is able to post here. (There is an option [check the 'Permissions' tab] to restrict access.) Feel free to invite anyone you wish.

I have no immediate plans to 'add furniture' right now. Between a full-time job and starting a new business (not to mention keeping up with three kids), I don't have the time or interest. We may end up 'playing cards' at each other's blogs on alternating designated weeks, or one of us with the expertise/time may end up building the kind of site that can handle heavy traffic and pdf files.

6 comments:

  1. 2nd- "We may end up 'playing cards' at each other's blogs on alternating designated weeks, or one of us with the expertise/time may end up building the kind of site that can handle heavy traffic and pdf files."

    That might not be such a bad idea. We are all busy, and this would give the guest host some time to work on some broader trading themes. Right now I'm working on a new Etrade account I set up so I can trade other markets. I like their trading screen, but need to really get it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if 2nd wants to entertain this option, but if it's just a few of us then he can approve all of us to write to the blog (not just comment) and that would allow us to insert html links to web pages, pdf files, etc.
    Otherwise individual blogs or e-mailing links will have to suffice.

    Kind of gives you an idea what Bill has done and endures...it's a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting thing, this blog world. I just set up a site. Amazing how fast/free etc. I'm going to play around with it a little. If we do try to put something together, we will need some sort of "home base" to keep a log or record of posts/comments etc. Who knows, this might be of value. I'm going to see if I can find a way to stream comments. It can't be that hard, but I'm pretty lame at this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to stream line things. Word verification before posting is removable. I guess span will always find it's way, but seems harmless to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, here it is... http://tradingtopics.blogspot.com/

    Please feel free to make fun of me...Trust me, I would!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asia is open...I was going to open a chat for the day. Perhaps we should do one that is for market comments each day, ie...."Todays Market". Since there appears to be now way to see all of the comments for each post, at least we will know where to look. I don't think it even needs a topic really. I'll try one on my site, see what you think.

    ReplyDelete